Pellets are made from 100% natural wood without any additives. Tonnes of wood waste materials (shavings, dust, offcuts) are produced every day in wood-processing industries all over Europe and its these otherwise wasted materials that go in to manufacturing wood pellets.
The advantages for homeowners and industrial companies are obvious:
- Lower costs than oil or gas.
- Crisis-resistant, because of locally sourced fuel.
- Short transportation.
- Easy re-fuelling through blown pellet delivery.
- Dust-free, odourless refill.
- Small storage volume.
- Effective and energy-efficient heating system.
Therefore, pellets are an outstanding fuel for heating systems compared to fossil fuels and electricity.