Pellets are made from 100% natural clean wood-waste without any additives. Tonnes of wood waste materials (shavings, dust, off-cuts) are produced every day in wood-processing industries all over the UK and Europe and its these otherwise wasted materials that go in to manufacturing wood pellets.
The advantages for homeowners and industrial companies are numerous:
- Typically lower costs than oil or gas.
- World Crisis-resistant, because of locally sourced fuel.
- Short transportation. Usually produced locally.
- Easy re-fuelling through blown pellet deliveries or bagged.
- Low dust levels and odourless.
- Only requires small storage volumes.
- Extremely effective and energy-efficient heating system.
Therefore, pellets are an outstanding fuel for heating systems compared to fossil fuels and electricity.