Wood Energy in partnership with Binder GmbH have developed a range of CHP systems using either ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) technology or Screw Expanders, utilising steam or high temperature hot water or thermal oil, all of which have the following advantages:
- High Return on Investment
- High efficiency turbo electrical generator producing up to circa 18% electrical output (using thermal oil systems)
- Safe environmentally friendly working fluid
- Simple operating procedure
- Automatic and continuous operation
- Simple maintenance procedure
- No operator attendance required (except steam boilers)
- Long Plant Life ( 20 years +) complete with 20year guarantees
- No specialist water treatment required
- Operates using standard fuels to EN41961
Businesses are continually searching for technologies to help them improve efficiencies, save money, or even earn money.
Over the past few years, the biomass industry has grown significantly. The commercial sector has embraced this technology and has already received billions of pounds through incentives.