The Strong Energy Group is a leading provider of Biodiesel through our Strong Biofuels Division. Strong Biofuels Ltd is located in Louth, Lincolnshire where we operate a state of the art biodiesel manufacturing and processing plant.
The processing plant converts mainly used cooking oils (UCO’s) which have previously been used for food production and would typically be disposed of at end of life.
Strong Biofuels is able to convert this waste material into high-quality biodiesel, which is subsequently blended with fossil fuel diesel (white diesel), and sold to consumers via national forecourt pump networks across the UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Older vehicles, farm and off-road machinery such as tractors and diggers, can use the pure biodiesel in 100% bio formula. Domestic and commercial heating systems (previously using kerosene or heating oil) are also able to operate in this way.
Strong Biofuels Ltd is currently the fourth largest such plant in the UK with ambitions to significantly grow over the coming years.
Advantages of Biodiesel
- Uses waste products to convert to useable fuels
- Renewable energy source
- Produced locally – less reliance on imported fuels
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Improved engine lubricating properties
- Higher flash point – safer to store. 150 °C compared to 60 °C for mineral diesel
- Reduced toxic air emissions – biodiesel is oxygenated
- Virtually zero sulphur content
- Zero aromatic content (toluene and benzene)
- Comparable energy and power content to ULSD
- Significant reduction in particulates (soot) and hydrocarbons
- 70% reduction of carbon monoxide emissions in diesel exhausts
- Non-toxic and biodegradable; fully degraded from a waterway environment within approximately 4 weeks
- Extended efficiency for injectors and for all engines using ULSD resulting in lower maintenance costs